In order to use a live platform on more than one computer, you need to copy the security key by following the below steps:
- Whilst logged into the SaxoTrader2 platform, follow the path: ‘Tools’ > ‘Options’ > ‘Key Management’ > ‘Backup Key’.
- When prompted, enter a password. This must be at least four characters in duration, and will be used to protect your security key. Do not forget this password, as it must be entered correctly in order for the backup key to be installed on a second computer.
- Click ‘Next’.
- The ‘Backup Key Location’ window will appear. Save the backup key by selecting the drive and folder location of the memory device.
To load your backup key onto a second computer, please follow the steps below:
- Insert the memory device containing the backup key into your computer.
- In the SaxoTrader2 platform, follow the path: ‘Tools’ > ‘Options’ > ‘Key Management’ > ‘Backup Key’.
- Locate the memory device containing the backup key by clicking ‘Browse’. Once located, click next.
- Click ‘OK’.
A dialogue box will be displayed indicating that the key was successfully copied. Click ‘OK’ to close the dialogue and to connect to the server.